SSR Mining Inc. is a leading, free cash flow focused intermediate gold company with four producing assets located in the USA, Turkey, Canada, and Argentina, combined with a global pipeline of high-quality development and exploration assets in the USA, Turkey, Mexico, Peru, and Canada.
SSR Mining’s diversified asset portfolio is comprised of high margin, long-life assets along several of the world’s most prolific precious metal districts including: the Çöpler mine along the Tethyan belt in Turkey; the Marigold mine along the Battle Mountain-Eureka trend in Nevada, USA; the Seabee mine along the Trans-Hudson Corridor in Saskatchewan, Canada; and the Puna mine along the Bolivian silver belt in Jujuy, Argentina.
One of SSR Mining Culture and Values is in the area of Health, Safety & Risk. These are shown below:
We protect and care for the people, communities, and environments in which we do business. We actively manage risk at all levels of the business.
- Our workplaces are free of fatality, injury and occupational illness.
- We believe strong environmental stewardship is centered in all aspects of our business.
- Our risk management processes ensure that we measure, report, and mitigate risk in everything we do.
To support the SSR Mining values and culture, VICTOREM were engaged to support the drive to increase their Risk Maturity throughout the organisation.
The engagement was broken into phases.
- Produce Risk Management Procedures to support the organisation for both:
– Enterprise Risk Management– Environmental, Health & Safety Risk Management
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis and produce a Training Plan to support the ongoing development of the SSR team, Its operations and to support the achievement of increased level of Risk Maturity and Health, Safety & Risk requirements of the organisation.
- Provision of training in alignment with the Training Plan, including courses from the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) and Institute of Operational Risk Management (IOR), to support SSR Mining commitment in the area of Enterprise Risk Management & Environmental, Health & Safety Risk Management. This training covers all levels of the SSR Mining hierarchy.
- Provide guidance and support to the organisation for their new Risk Management Information System – IsoMetrix